LABSATHON VIRTUAL CHALLENGE
Limerick – London – Athens
Throughout February the Lightsource Labs team are going to come together to virtually walk/ run between 3 of our office locations. We will aim to cover 2,992km from Limerick to Athens via our London office together, to raise money for the Lightsource Foundation.
Lightsource bp has always been about more than just profit. One of the key corporate responsibilities close to our heart is giving back. This is why we created the Lightsource Foundation. Our current focus is to help the most vulnerable children in the area of Koh Krolor in Cambodia to overcome poverty. With 6 years on the ground with World Vision, we have transformed thousands of lives, building strong bonds with the communities we support and bringing hope and better futures for the children that suffer most.
February 1st to 28th, 2021
Just step outside your front door and start.
What you need to do.
Put on your runners, head out your door and run/walk.
- Target Distance 2,992km. Distance completed – 3,352km 100% 100%
- £650,000 raised to date
- Directly impacted the lives of 16,503 people
- Provided access to latrines and clean water to 3,485 families
- Provided training for 26 teachers
- Given 2,000 children access to improved teaching methods
- Installed rooftop solar panels and battery system to the village health centre.
- Installed rooftop solar panels and battery systems on two of the community schools.
How to donate
- Please click on donate links
- Our Labsathon Paypal page will open
- Click “Chip In” button
- Just follow the steps & donate
How to take part
- Put on your Runners
- Head out the door
- Use a tracking app such as Strava, Map my run or Runkeeper to record you run/walk.
- When finished, screenshot your result and email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Please email your proof each time.
- Check out the tracker map below each day to follow the progress.
Please remember to adheare to the Covid 19 restrictions
that may be in place in your area.